couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branching 1.2.x
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:59:30 GMT
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

it's just to unblock trunk for post-1.2.x commits. I hope this makes sense and I hope you
all agree.

>>> How are we going to stop a repeat of the 1.0 release branch "kitchen sink" problems?
>>
>> I'd like everybody to suggest their wish for 1.2.x and then agree with this group
on how much of the resulting list we can actually get into the branch in a reasonable amount
of time :)

>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>>

> I would like to put COUCHDB-431  in 1.2 , the last version is coming
> later today. (I'm currentlly testing it)

I agree cross domain XHR options would be useful. I haven't had a
chance to dig in, but there does seem to be some question about the
right way to implement. I'd be ok to save COUCHDB-431 for 1.3 as CORS
is not a mainstream feature of the web (yet).

> I'm -1 for COUCHDB-1238. Since we are about to change the way we
> handle the users, I think  it's better to wait for this one rather
> than introducing another big dependancy on this user db.

I don't think the user db is going anywhere, at least not in the 1.x
timeframe. We are talking about ways to make it easier to work with
and more secure, and I support that. Regardless, the COUCHDB-1238 is
something that is useful to anyone using the user db and does not put
a burden on folks who are not. For instance, I am building an app that
uses this feature to connect your phone to the cloud, without the user
ever having to specify a password.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson