couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting the Git Experiment
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:53:07 GMT
I'm also blocked. How come we didn't get told about this maintenance
period? How do we find out when it will end?

On 26 September 2011 17:49, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm also blocked. How come we didn't get told about this maintenance
> period? How do we find out when it will end?
>
> B.
>
> On 26 September 2011 14:13, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>> I missed the boat because of Funconf, but here's my +1 anyway. :D
>>
>> On 23 Sep 2011, at 18:52, Paul J. Davis wrote:
>>
>>> Dear committers,
>>>
>>> We now have a green light from infrastructure to switch to using Git as our writable
VCS. This is to be considered a live experiment. If something breaks its possible we'll have
to revert back to SVN. But nothing will break and everyone will forgive me for any bugs that
may crop up.

>>> If there are no objections I would like to switch over soonish. Normally I would
say Monday to give people a chance to respond to this email but we've had quite a few discussions
on switching to Git already and no one has voiced opposition. Seeing as that's the case if
I get a majority of +1's from the committers I'll start disabling SVN access as soon as I
see the majority vote.