couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting the Git Experiment
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:13:09 GMT
I missed the boat because of Funconf, but here's my +1 anyway. :D

On 23 Sep 2011, at 18:52, Paul J. Davis wrote:

> Dear committers,
>
> We now have a green light from infrastructure to switch to using Git as our writable
VCS. This is to be considered a live experiment. If something breaks its possible we'll have
to revert back to SVN. But nothing will break and everyone will forgive me for any bugs that
may crop up.

> If there are no objections I would like to switch over soonish. Normally I would say
Monday to give people a chance to respond to this email but we've had quite a few discussions
on switching to Git already and no one has voiced opposition. Seeing as that's the case if
I get a majority of +1's from the committers I'll start disabling SVN access as soon as I
see the majority vote.