couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Branching 1.2.x
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:35:53 GMT
Hey all,

I'd like to branch 1.2.x today.

1) We are due for a release.
2) There's some good stuff in trunk that we should get into users hands.
3) We are starting to get patches that we want to have in trunk, but not in a release just
yet (hello COUCHDB-1270).

To get 1) and 2) started and to unblock development on post-1.2.x trunk, I'd like to branch
1.2.x.

I know I have a list of tickets in JIRA that I'd like to see in JIRA and I'll be going through
JIRA and make my comments in there soon. If you'd like to see anything that we should get
into 1.2.x, please make your "vote" in JIRA.

The fact that we branch 1.2.x won't mean we can't get more tickets in there, it's just to
unblock trunk for post-1.2.x commits. I hope this makes sense and I hope you all agree.

I'd like to hear your feedback!

Cheers
Jan