couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Starting the Git Experiment
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:52:02 GMT
Dear committers,

We now have a green light from infrastructure to switch to using Git as our writable VCS.
This is to be considered a live experiment. If something breaks its possible we'll have to
revert back to SVN. But nothing will break and everyone will forgive me for any bugs that
may crop up.

If there are no objections I would like to switch over soonish. Normally I would say Monday
to give people a chance to respond to this email but we've had quite a few discussions on
switching to Git already and no one has voiced opposition. Seeing as that's the case if I
get a majority of +1's from the committers I'll start disabling SVN access as soon as I see
the majority vote.

Paul Davis