couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting the Git Experiment
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:02:13 GMT
Oops, forgot that status update.

I reran the scripts for the mirrors on git.apache.org using the same version of git-svn I
used to generate the last writable git repo. The result was that it calculated the same hashes
as what we had so I feel comfortable blaming this on the different git-svn versions.

Bottom line, any project that already has a mirror on git.apache.org will just use that as
the basis for the new writable repo so that hashes will are preserved.

On Friday, September 23, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:

> +1 assuming the writeable repo has the same hashes as the current read-only mirror.
>
> Adam
>
> On Friday, September 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Paul J. Davis wrote:
>
> > Dear committers,
> >
> > We now have a green light from infrastructure to switch to using Git as our writable
VCS. This is to be considered a live experiment. If something breaks its possible we'll have
to revert back to SVN. But nothing will break and everyone will forgive me for any bugs that
may crop up.

> > If there are no objections I would like to switch over soonish. Normally I would
say Monday to give people a chance to respond to this email but we've had quite a few discussions
on switching to Git already and no one has voiced opposition. Seeing as that's the case if
I get a majority of +1's from the committers I'll start disabling SVN access as soon as I
see the majority vote.