couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <adam.kocolo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting the Git Experiment
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:57:40 GMT
+1 assuming the writeable repo has the same hashes as the current read-only mirror.

Adam

On Friday, September 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Paul J. Davis wrote:

> Dear committers,
>
> We now have a green light from infrastructure to switch to using Git as our writable
VCS. This is to be considered a live experiment. If something breaks its possible we'll have
to revert back to SVN. But nothing will break and everyone will forgive me for any bugs that
may crop up.

> If there are no objections I would like to switch over soonish. Normally I would say
Monday to give people a chance to respond to this email but we've had quite a few discussions
on switching to Git already and no one has voiced opposition. Seeing as that's the case if
I get a majority of +1's from the committers I'll start disabling SVN access as soon as I
see the majority vote.