couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: The _security object should be versioned
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 01:08:42 GMT
On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> For what it's worth, I'd prefer to upgrade the _local tree to use #full_doc_info records,
store the security object as a document in the _local tree (but cache it when the #db is first
opened), and preserve the current _security API with "clobbering/auto-rev-bump semantics".

Couch would also have to treat updates to that doc differently.
Previously, the ddocs' validate_doc_update()s decide what's allowed
but couch would overrule them in this case.

I think that's what you're saying. To me, yes, that is an exception or
edge case (what Paul called "dirty"); but the big CouchDB picture
becomes more coherent.

--
Iris Couch