couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <>
Subject Re: The _security object should be versioned
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 10:10:12 GMT
On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Paul Davis
<> wrote:
>> AFAIK, nobody wants security to ever replicate. Some people want to
>> manually "sync" them as an application feature.
>> --
>> Iris Couch
> Close. But I feel really, really dirty requiring admin access to
> specific documents. Admin write access to _design/* is already dirty
> enough.

Primarily, mine is a request that that the feature (versioned
_security) be generally useful. Seems a shame to put work into
_security features when people want local per-db metadata for many

Even today, you can read _security, so it's fine for you to read

But on write, yes, CouchDB gets "dirty." But couch always reacts to
underscore stuff. If it were _local/_security would that be ok? :)

Just hoping to move away from one-off URLs to provide features.

Iris Couch

View raw message