couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Stockton <>
Subject Re: Our views keep failing with timeouts until a couchdb restart
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:05:35 GMT

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Paul Davis <> wrote:
> I bet you're hitting a bug we just recently fixed on trunk. Basically,
> there was a possibility that errors in some of the JS functions would
> end up causing a couchjs process to be come unusable without removing
> it from the list. Eventually there wouldn't be any spots left and
> clients would get timeouts like you see.
> Patch is at [1]. If it doesn't apply cleanly, you really only need the
> bits from couch_os_process.erl and couch_query_servers.erl. The rest
> is just test code.

Right after sending this I finally saw what the issue was, our bug
report here:
as a side effect was leaving lingering processes ultimately leading to
instability of couch.

We are working to patch our reduce issue, and will look at applying
that commit perhaps once it hits mainline couch?

Thanks for the quick response,

View raw message