couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The _security object should be versioned
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 03:17:25 GMT
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Jason Smith <jhs@iriscouch.com> wrote:
> 1. Does this require updating the replicator to update _local docs correctly?

Yes

> 2. Only admins can change _security. But anybody with read access can
> change _local/*. Does couch special-case _local/security?

My preference:

_security would become a regular document (just a special id, which
starts with underscore). We can still cache the latest revision in the
db header, db updater state, whatever.

This _security document (or perhaps any other starting with underscore
in the future), would only be replicable if the replication is
triggered by some special user with some special role (_admin,
_server_admin, whatever).

Does it sound simple and satisfies people's needs?

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org