couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git commit: davisp - GIT OK
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:32:37 GMT
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 3:13 AM, Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net> wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2011, at 1:55 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> Oh right. Not entirely certain how fixable that's going to be.

>>> Where the commit hashes in current git.a.o are different from the test repo.
>
>        Are the tree hashes expected to be different? (i.e. did we rearrange the contents
as well as the commits?)  The more similar the code is, the easier it is to prove where things
have drifted apart.  I can perhaps help with that if someone can point me to a couple of
repos and the expected outcome.  :)

> --
> dustin sallings

Basic story is that I translated the git.apache.org mirror script to
Python and made some tweaks (that shouldn't affect hashes) but the
hashes are apparently different. Original mirroring script is at [1]
and my Python version is at [2]. Feel free to ask questions about
either.

I haven't dug into this but my fear is that the revisions are
calculated based on something non-stable. Whether that's the git-svn
version or SVN state I dunno. Hopefully its as silly as a typo though.
I'd be interesting to hear about anything you find.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/projects/git/
[2] http://friendpaste.com/13B0LEy9ZQAGOybTWJzJJQ