couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git commit: davisp - GIT OK
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:23:14 GMT
On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net> wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2011, at 6:10 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> The mirror:
>>
>>    http://git.apache.org/couchdb.git
>>
>> The writable repo:
>>
>>    http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git
>>
>> I haven't looked into this at all yet myself. I'll be working on this
>> tomorrow and Sunday though so if you have questions I'll be around.
>
>        Yikes, sorry.  I keep this list kind of hidden away and forget to look sometimes.
>
>        I ran a tree convergence report thing between the WIP and the mirror and I
found them to have identical source code even though the commits vary:

>        http://public.west.spy.net/tmp/apache-wip-vs-mirror.html
>
>        If you look back through the history far enough, you'll see that WIP has 5
commits that were missing from mirror, one of them apparently getting split over two commits
and that's where your hashes began to diverge.  The trees quickly did not, though.

> --
> dustin sallings

Interesting find. I emailed the guy that runs the git mirrors to see
if he had any ideas. I'll try re-running the actual mirror scripts
later to see if its me that did something weird with the commits or if
it's a git-svn difference.