couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The _security object should be versioned
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 19:05:19 GMT
On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> _security doc or object is something we need available each time we open a
> db thoug. So having it in db headers has a lot of sense imo.  If it's savd
> with #full_doc_* semantic does it means it will be saved in the db, and we
> keep a pointer to it in the db header ? Or would it still be saved in the db
> header?
>

> - benoit

Currently a pointer to it is stored in the db header. The pointer
could be to whatever, wouldn't change things. So if full_doc_info
solves the original question, that works for me.

I think for 2.0 we should consider whether to move it to a _local/doc
or not. Part of the point of the original implementation is
simplicity. If it stops being simple we should feel free to refactor
as long as we don't break people's expectations.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net