couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compaction plugin, auth handler, foo plugin & couchdb core [resent]
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:59:19 GMT
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 09:42, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > thanks for raising this again. I think we have a good plan to get started
> but
> > it wouldn't hurt to get a little more organised. I think the plan is as
> follows:
> >
> > 1. Move to git, this makes all the subsequent steps more easy.
> >
> > 2. srcmv, reorganising the source code so we are prepared to do all the
> things
> >    you mention and all the other things we talked about in the past :)
> >
> > 3. Profit.
> >
> > --
> >
> > As for my wish list, all this post the git move:
> >
> > We could release 1.2 based off of current trunk + a few of the more
> > useful JIRA patches that we haven't committed yet.
> >
> > After 1.2.x is branched, srcmv trunk and start the internal refactoring
> > and pluginnifying and release 1.3 off that.
> >
> > At some point merging between before and after srcmv merging
> > patches is going to be a pain, so I'd like to keep that time as short
> > as possible and thus keep the differences between 1.2 and 1.3 (given
> > that these are the border cases) as small as possible.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Jan
> > --
> >

> Early morning pre-caffeine but this sounds like a pretty good idea to
> my addled brain.

As an experiment in JIRA usage I created an umbrella task for this.
Please place tickets under this umbrella and we can start to break down the
sub-tasks we need to actually get this work done.

I set the due date as the 21st of December. Holiday season.
This should give us enough time to get 1.2 out the door and make some real
progress on these goals.

Again, this is an experiment. Sorry for those of you who hate process, but I
thought maybe injecting a bit of here would stop the flow of e-mails and
focus us all collectively.

-Randall