couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dustin Sallings <dus...@spy.net>
Subject Re: git conversion (was: Re: dev Digest of: thread.17379)
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 20:29:47 GMT

On Aug 8, 2011, at 12:24 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Oh, totally forgot to mention, I'm not entirely certain what that
> graph is supposed to be showing. Basically that the set of commits on
> the left is equivalent to that on the right?

	It's tree states.  Regardless of the commits themselves, whenever there's white, everything
is in sync. Red on the left is a change that does not appear on the right (and vice versa
for green right).

	If there's a bunch of white and then a red, that means that that change made the codebase
diverge.  When it goes white again, they got back in sync.

	As far as verifying the end-user commits... I'm not exactly sure what I'd want to see as
a user looking at my stuff in isolation.  What would you want to see?

--
dustin sallings