couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Bringing automatic compaction into trunk
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:08:39 GMT
Filipe,

  This is neat, I can definitely see the utility of the approach. I do share the concerns
expressed in other comments with respect to the use of the config file for per db compaction
specs and the use of a compact_loop that waits on config change messages when the ets table
is empty. I don't think it fully takes into account the use case of large numbers of small
dbs and/or some very large dbs interspersed with a lot of mid-size dbs.

  Anyway I like it a lot though I've only read the code for 1/2 and hour or so. I also agree
with others that the code base is reaching a point of being a bit crufty and it might be a
good time with the git migration, etc.. to take a breath and commit to making some of these
OTP compliant changes and design changes we've talked about.

Regards,

Bob