couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Rantil <jens.ran...@telavox.se>
Subject Re: Futon Test Suite
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 09:11:08 GMT
Hi,

Does JS engine come bundled with HTTP request implementation or is that browser specific?
If they do, you could execute the browser tests by running them through a JavaScript engine
directly? That way you can preserve the JavaScript code, still run the tests and skip your
favorite browser.

My five cents,

/Jens

Sent from my cellphone

On 9 aug 2011, at 10:49, "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 2:40 AM, Robert Dionne
> <dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Also, I've been thinking more and more about beefing up the JavaScript
>>> test suite runner and moving more of our browser tests over to
>>> dedicated code in those tests. If anyone's interested in hacking on
>>> some C and JavaScript against an HTTP API, let me know.
>>

>> Paul,
>>
>>  Jan and I talked about this a few times and I started a branch[1] along that idea.
So far all I did was make a copy of the then current Futon tests into
>> test/javascript/test  and started looking at the small handful that fail.
>>
>>   The browser tests are great (any test is good) but they have too many browser
dependent quirks, or at least I assume that because of the pleasant surprise
>> one gets when they all run. So I think the goal of these runner tests would be some
sort of official HTTP API suite that's part of "make check". Would you agree?
>> If so I'm happy to take this on.
>>
>>   Also I've found eunit to be helpful in BigCouch and wondering how hard it would
be to support eunit in couchdb. Having tests in the modules is very good for not