couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dustin Sallings <dus...@spy.net>
Subject Re: git commit: davisp - GIT OK
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 08:45:29 GMT

On Aug 26, 2011, at 6:10 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> The mirror:
>
>    http://git.apache.org/couchdb.git
>
> The writable repo:
>
>    http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git
>
> I haven't looked into this at all yet myself. I'll be working on this
> tomorrow and Sunday though so if you have questions I'll be around.

	Yikes, sorry.  I keep this list kind of hidden away and forget to look sometimes.

	I ran a tree convergence report thing between the WIP and the mirror and I found them to
have identical source code even though the commits vary:

	http://public.west.spy.net/tmp/apache-wip-vs-mirror.html

	If you look back through the history far enough, you'll see that WIP has 5 commits that were
missing from mirror, one of them apparently getting split over two commits and that's where
your hashes began to diverge.  The trees quickly did not, though.

--
dustin sallings