couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Travis Jensen <travis.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confused handling of HEAD requests
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 06:01:04 GMT
On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Travis Jensen <travis.jensen@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'll dig into the archives and see if I can find the previous discussion on
> the topic. I might have to put an uber-ugly hack in for my use in the
> meantime. I don't mind spending time doing the "right" thing as long as I
> know what the "right" thing is.

I dug into the source archive to find out when the mapping happened. March,
2008, when Mochiweb was incorporated (or updated or something). The third
issue in Jira was HEAD not being supported and was resolved as part of that
checkin. No other communications about this specific topic appear to exist.

Unfortunately, that would imply it wasn't a "fix" for something else, but
rather "the way CouchDB will handle HEAD".

Now to decide how to deal with this for my project...

tj
--
*Travis Jensen*
***

**What kind of guy calls himself the Software Maven???**