couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by JohnDorion
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 15:40:24 GMT
till,

The idea is essentially that we move docs into the source tree, which
immediately protects them from spam at the cost of preventing edits
from the public.

These docs would include full API documentation as well as a tutorial
or howto guide.

It's long past time we had this kind of documentation under source
control and not mixed in with the highly variable wiki. The presence
of good documentation in the wiki gives the whole wiki an unwarranted
stamp of approval. I would like to be able to point at definitive
documentation at couchdb.apache.org rather than the wiki, which can
then be freed to *only* include things that the documentation does
not.

B.