couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration Load Order
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 22:29:07 GMT

On 18 Jul 2011, at 20:42, Noah Slater wrote:
>> What is wrong is the place where (some) _writes_ go. Don't know if possible,
>> but, continuing in your example, changes in geocouch config should go to
>> geocouch.ini, other changes to local.ini. Or maybe changes to existing key
>> should go to the file from where it was effectively read, new keys to
>> local.ini. Or maybe this is way too complicated :-)
>
> Also agreed.
>
> There is obviously a problem in where we write back to. But I don't necessarily think
this means we need to break implicit compatibility with system behaviour expectations. Perhaps
a way to solve it would be to write out to a generated.ini file that is loaded last.

My understanding is that local.ini is that generated.ini.

Ideally, we'd track which config setting came from which file and write to the appropriate
"local" counterpart, but I'm not willing to write the necessary code for that.

I'm willing to patch the read order to make sure changes get written to local.ini however.

Cheers
Jan