couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Camille Harang <mammi...@yooook.net>
Subject Re: OAuth for authorization (not authentication)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:07:07 GMT
Hi again,

Le 18/07/2011 15:44, Robert Newson a écrit :
> As also noted on IRC, you are indeed wrong,

I hope I am, I really tried to find the proper way to fully implement
OAuth authorization layer (tokens, ad hoc grant access in time and
scope: the very essence of OAuth) within the CouchDB intrinsic
techniques and philosophy, but I keep failing.

> you just don't like the
> granularity

I don't dislike or like it, but wherever I look it just appears to me
that there is just not enough of it to match the requirements of a
proper implementation of OAuth. But I believe being wrong, I'm sure I
am, I want to use Couch, can anyone point me the right direction? Once I
know it, I will like it.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Camille.