Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 has been released and is available for download: http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html
Changes in this release:
* Native SSL support.
* Added support for HTTP range requests for attachments.
* Added built-in filters for `_changes`: `_doc_ids` and `_design`.
* Added configuration option for TCP_NODELAY aka "Nagle".
* Allow wildcards in vhosts definitions.
* More granular ETag support for views.
* More flexible URL rewriter.
* Added OS Process module to manage daemons outside of CouchDB.
* Added HTTP Proxy handler for more scalable externals.
* Added `_replicator` database to manage replications.
* Multiple micro-optimizations when reading data.
* Added CommonJS support to map functions.
* Added `stale=update_after` query option that triggers a view update after
returning a `stale=ok` response.
* More explicit error messages when it's not possible to access a file due
to lack of permissions.
* Added a "change password"-feature to Futon.
Apache CouchDB is a document-oriented database that can be queried and indexed
replication with bi-directional conflict detection and resolution.
CouchDB provides a RESTful JSON API than can be accessed from any environment
that allows HTTP requests. There are myriad third-party client libraries that
make this even easier from your programming language of choice. CouchDB's built
in Web administration console speaks directly to the database using HTTP
requests issued from your browser.
CouchDB is written in Erlang, a robust functional programming language ideal for
building concurrent distributed systems. Erlang allows for a flexible design
that is easily scalable and readily extensible.
Your Eternal Servant