couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: make couchdb more otpish
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:54:05 GMT
Thanks Paul, was just going to respond about /rel

My two cents:

I think what would be nice is to enable the use of rebar in downstream projects, that are
built on top of couchdb. I've been able to keep my bitstore[1] hack pretty much in sync with
a given
couchdb version with some simple tweaks in the Makefile.

What would be ideal is to add couchdb as a dependency in rebar.config and type ./config and
have it pull couchdb 1.0 or 1.5.6 or whatever.

If this can be done so that couchdb is still usable and build-able as a standalone tool, using
the  existing autotools, without turning it into a hairball, then that would be real sweet,
kudos
to the brave soul that pulls that off.

In theory bigcouch could also work that way, though bigcouch is technically a fork of couchdb
as it requires a few tweaks to make couchdb a distributed database.

[1] https://github.com/bdionne/bitstore