couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.3 Release
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:09:35 GMT
On 28.06.2011, at 17:57, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 28 Jun 2011, at 10:51, Sebastian Cohnen wrote:
>
>> ./test/javascript/run: NOT OK, but I guess that's okay for now
>> -> not ok 3 attachment_names expected '"Created"', got 'null'
>> -> not ok 26 form_submit false
>> -> not ok 44 replication ReferenceError: $ is not defined
>> futon test suite (Safari 5.0.5): OK
>
> None of the tests should fail.
>
> I've said this before and I will say it again. The test suite forms a contract between
the devs and the release team, and between the release team and the user. If they are expected
to fail, they are next to useless.

> Perhaps there is some good reason for them failing?

I was not aware that the javascript CLI tests are "officially" ready to use yet. In that case
it's definitely not okay if they are failing and since others have seen the same failing tests,
I'd change my vote to −1.