couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by wentforgold
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:52:55 GMT
Random suggestion,

you could try a couch based system: http://substance.io/

Here is an example:
http://substance.io/#michael/data-js

No connection to the project, just been following it in the user list.
Looks nice. I am sure its missing exports to all the various formats,
but hey, we are shooting for everything web based, right? :)

Ryan

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2011, at 18:45, Jens Rantil wrote:
>
>> Just throwing in my 2 cents in this discussion.
>>
>> On Jun 14, 2011, at 6:13 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>>
>> /doc
>> /doc/docbook
>> /doc/docbook/root.xml
>> /doc/docbook/ch1.xml
>> /doc/docbook/ch2.xml
>> /doc/docbook/ch3.xml
>> /doc/Makefile.am
>>
>> You get the idea. The Makefile.am would contain a bunch of rules that would allow
us to convert this DocBook into plain text, DocBook, man, info, LaTeX, PostScript, and PDF
as needed. All very straight forward.

>> Is really writing documentation XML the best we can come up with? How about using
'pandoc' (http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/) to write documentation in restructuredText, markdown
or textile instead? They are all way easier to read and write for newcomers.

> They are also not capable of structuring documentation exhaustively. I hate XML as much
as the next guy, but MC's doc system is really slick and not as bad once the basic infrastructure
is in place (I'll show it soon, promised).

--
Twitter: @eckoit
http://eckoit.com - Keep what you hear.