couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MapServer and CouchDB
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 04:30:35 GMT
Norman,

I'd suggest looking at Paul Davis's write up of the externals API. It
is designed to do 2 things well:

* keep a background process alive, usually an HTTP server
* proxy requests to that HTTP server

http://davispj.com/2010/09/26/new-couchdb-externals-api.html

I'm not sure if you'd be able to build your Map Server using exactly
these APIs, but if you can you'll gain the benefits of less custom
code. Or at least it may provide inspiration for how to integrate.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net