couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norman.bar...@gmail.com>
Subject MapServer and CouchDB
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:51:25 GMT
Hi,

I am planning to wrap MapServer as a supervised process within CouchDB
using Erlang. MapServer is a CGI application, it should be
straightforward. The aim will be to store the MapServer map files
(just text docs) that can passed in with every CGI call as JSON docs
within CouchDB. The hook will be be register MapServer as an external
process within CouchDB.

If someone has already thought of this then let me know, I see GDAL
has support for CouchDB as a client driver (using http though) so
serving geojson through MapServer WFS or rendering over WMS should be
possible.

Let me know if you are interested, I should have some available for
review middle of next week, I am just sounding out for now.

The Erlang method of communication to C/C++ over stdio fits (in my
mind) perfectly with the existing MapServer CGI model. GeoCouch can
then be a supported backend of MapServer.

cc'd Frank and Even rather than cross-posting as they seem to have
some couch interest.

thanks,

Norman