couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by wentforgold
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:58:40 GMT
+1 for DocBook.

On 14 June 2011 17:56, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2011, at 17:48, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> On 14 Jun 2011, at 18:45, Jens Rantil wrote:
>>
>>> Is really writing documentation XML the best we can come up with? How about using
'pandoc' (http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/) to write documentation in restructuredText, markdown
or textile instead? They are all way easier to read and write for newcomers.

>> They are also not capable of structuring documentation exhaustively. I hate XML as
much as the next guy, but MC's doc system is really slick and not as bad once the basic infrastructure
is in place (I'll show it soon, promised).

> Documentation source format is a bike shed.
>
> DocBook is the industry standard and I will veto any "plain text" alternative.
>
> I would suggest we use HTML, but it would be nice to be able to convert the documentation
into multiple formats as we will be shipping it with CouchDB.