couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Harvey <d...@arandomurl.com>
Subject Re: make couchdb more otpish
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:16:19 GMT
On 21 June 2011 17:05, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On 21 Jun 2011, at 16:46, Dale Harvey wrote:
>
> > + src
> > + ebin
> >  + couch.app
> > + lib
> >  + ejson
> >     + src
> >   + ibrowse
> >     + src
>
> Too much root directory pollution, still. I think we should have two main
> top level directories for the Erlang files. We should use src/ for the main
> CouchDB source files, and perhaps lib/ for everything else.

By too much pollution do you mean the ebin directory, because otherwise it
is 2 level directories? the other alternative is

+ lib
  + couch
     + src
  + ejson
     + src
  + ibrowse
     + src

which I actually prefer, it doesnt pollute the top level, all the
applications can be addressed at a consistent location, etc etc