couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: make couchdb more otpish
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:30:15 GMT
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm back on this topic. I know that @davisp made a script to split the
>> file structure etc, but I wonder why or what we are waiting to do
>> this. Also why using a script when we could move everything once? (and
>> it should be done once imo)
>>

> As to why that never hit trunk, its because there weren't enough
> people testing it to make me feel comfortable pushing it in. And then
> I got distracted by other things. The reason this must be a script is
> that SVN doesn't track history based on diffs. If we did this in Git
> and then tried to push that series of patches to SVN, it'd result in
> removing the history for every source file in SVN. And instead of
> going Rambo style and doing it against trunk, I wanted to be able to
> test it and let others test it.

Wasn't suggesting it was your fault :) Lack of feedback is always annoying.

I think we can go chunk by chunk in a branch and merge everything at
the end and keep the same advantage. That's actually how I do it. I'm
not sure I like to use script for that, this is something where I
would like to have my hands dirty.

- benoƮt

- benoit