couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spam on the wiki (CouchDB in the Wild contributors, please read this)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:35:31 GMT
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On 17 Jun 2011, at 05:59, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> well friendpaste.com has a powered by couchdb on each pages ;)
>
> I don't think this is enough, for two reasons. Firstly, there are too many links on that
page for me to be able to check them when monitoring for spam. Secondly, it doesn't help our
users who may be reading this page to get an idea of how and why CouchDB is being used. They
should be able to scan through this list, and get that information without having to click
outside of the wiki.

> I realise that all the sites YOU do are built on CouchDB, and that they are shining examples,
but this policy should apply to every link on that page, or we may as well not have one. Just
because I happen to know that Friendpaste is powered by CouchDB doesn't mean our next wiki
gnome will.

Well that wasn't required when we started this link collection (and
was basically just a link collection)

> Benoit, could you update the wiki to explain how or why you have used CouchDB on the
sites you have linked to from there? You're exactly the type of developer I can imagine setting
a great example for others to follow.

Will do that during the we with pleasure. I'm just asking myself how
we can handle that better though in term of data
collection/organization. Could be quite a long wiki post.

- benoit