couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by wentforgold
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:05:45 GMT
It's not the wiki per se that bothers me, it's that it's the primary,
often only, source of documentation.

I propose that future releases of CouchDB include at least a full
description of all public API's. Improvements above that base level
would be a manual and/or simple tutorials.

This documentation would be maintained in the same source tree as the
code and it would be a release requirement for this documentation to
be updated to include all new features.

This documentation is then the primary source, the wiki can serve as a
supplement.

b.