couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by wentforgold
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:05:45 GMT
It's not the wiki per se that bothers me, it's that it's the primary,
often only, source of documentation.

I propose that future releases of CouchDB include at least a full
description of all public API's. Improvements above that base level
would be a manual and/or simple tutorials.

This documentation would be maintained in the same source tree as the
code and it would be a release requirement for this documentation to
be updated to include all new features.

This documentation is then the primary source, the wiki can serve as a

On 13 June 2011 18:16, Peter Nolan <> wrote:
> Any documentation is good.
> What is this 'spam'?  Haven't personally encountered anything on the wiki
> that would be 'considered' spam (perhaps not stumbled upon that portion?)
> But it's inevitable that the wiki will be attacked by unscrupulous people
> and as such, the wiki should prepare for this.  The wiki is going to need
> gatekeepers/admins to maintain it.
> It would be nice, that any edits be archived so users can see previous
> states of the page if they so choose so.
> If a noted jerk keeps editing the wiki, we should have a system that only
> applies his edits to his account.  The common user would not see his edits,
> only he would, which would hopefully convince him that his edit has gone
> through.
> +1 top hats.

View raw message