couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: make error with latest trunk (ICU related autotools config)
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:50:08 GMT
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 06:27, Filipe David Manana <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looks like /usr/local/include and /usr/include are absent from the new
>> stuff. Can you confirm that those headers are in one of those places?
>
> Yep:
>
> $ sudo find / -name 'ucol.h'
> Password:
> find: /dev/fd/3: Not a directory
> find: /dev/fd/4: Not a directory
> /opt/local/include/unicode/ucol.h
> /opt/local/var/macports/software/icu/4.3.4_0/opt/local/include/unicode/ucol.h
>
>>
>> I bet it's a difference in default search paths, else I can't explain why
>> this works on linux :).
>>
>> Anyone know what best practices are? Should we toss /usr/include,
>> ${PREFIX}/include.... others?? .. into CPPFLAGS always?
>>
>> Next time I make big autotools changes ill solicit more feedback on the
>> branch before I put it on trunk.

I restored the default include paths we used to run with in r1135302.
But I'm glad to endure this pain. It's really uncovered a lot of
places where corners were cut on getting the minimal set of correct
flags to each build step by just slapping everything everywhere.
I still need confirmation from dch on the openssl linking for windows,
but otherwise everything seem straightened out to people?
Any more build failures please let me know asap.

>
> Agreed.
>
>> On Jun 12, 2011 4:07 PM, "Filipe David Manana" <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> After all the recent changes in the autotools config, I'm able to
>>> build trunk on Linux, however I'm no longer able to do it on a 32bits
>>> Mac OS X (snow leopard). It seems the include path is not what it used
>>> to be. The relevant `make`/`make dev` output:
>>>
>>> /bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc
>>> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../src/couchdb/priv -I../../..
>>> -I../../../src/snappy/google-snappy -O2 -O2 -Wall -ansi -pedantic
>>> -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings
>>> -Wno-long-long \c
>>>
>> -I/Users/fdmanana/tmp/couchdb/apache-couchdb-1.2.0a-0d27a97-git/_inst/lib/erlang/usr/include
>>> -I/usr/lib/erlang/usr/include -I/usr/local/lib/erlang/usr/include
>>> -I/opt/local/lib/erlang/usr/include -MT
>>> couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.lo -MD -MP -MF
>>> .deps/couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.Tpo -c -o
>>> couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.lo `test -f
>>> 'icu_driver/couch_icu_driver.c' || echo
>>> '../../../../src/couchdb/priv/'`icu_driver/couch_icu_driver.c
>>> libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
>>> -I../../../../src/couchdb/priv -I../../..
>>> -I../../../src/snappy/google-snappy -O2 -O2 -Wall -ansi -pedantic
>>> -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings
>>> -Wno-long-long c
>>>
>> -I/Users/fdmanana/tmp/couchdb/apache-couchdb-1.2.0a-0d27a97-git/_inst/lib/erlang/usr/include
>>> -I/usr/lib/erlang/usr/include -I/usr/local/lib/erlang/usr/include
>>> -I/opt/local/lib/erlang/usr/include -MT
>>> couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.lo -MD -MP -MF
>>> .deps/couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.Tpo -c
>>> ../../../../src/couchdb/priv/icu_driver/couch_icu_driver.c
>>> -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.o
>>> i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1: c: No such file or directory
>>> ../../../../src/couchdb/priv/icu_driver/couch_icu_driver.c:27:26:
>>> error: unicode/ucol.h: No such file or directory
>>> ../../../../src/couchdb/priv/icu_driver/couch_icu_driver.c:28:30:
>>> error: unicode/ucasemap.h: No such file or directory
>>>
>>>
>>> With trunk revision 1132947 (and before), on this same machine,
>>> couch_icu_driver compiles just fine. Relevant make output:
>>>
>>> /bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc
>>> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../.. -I../../../src/snappy/google-snappy
>>> -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -I/opt/otp14/lib/erlang/usr/include
>>> -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/js -I/usr/include/mozjs
>>> -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/local/include/js
>>> -I/opt/local/include/js -DXP_UNIX -I/opt/local/include\c
>>> -L/opt/local/lib\c -g -O2 -MT couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.lo
>>> -MD -MP -MF .deps/couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.Tpo -c -o
>>> couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.lo `test -f
>>> 'icu_driver/couch_icu_driver.c' || echo
>>> './'`icu_driver/couch_icu_driver.c
>>> libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../..
>>> -I../../../src/snappy/google-snappy -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib
>>> -I/opt/otp14/lib/erlang/usr/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/js
>>> -I/usr/include/mozjs -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/local/include
>>> -I/usr/local/include/js -I/opt/local/include/js -DXP_UNIX
>>> -I/opt/local/includec -L/opt/local/libc -g -O2 -MT
>>> couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.lo -MD -MP -MF
>>> .deps/couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.Tpo -c
>>> icu_driver/couch_icu_driver.c -fno-common -DPIC -o
>>> .libs/couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.o
>>> mv -f .deps/couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.Tpo
>>> .deps/couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.Plo
>>> /bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc
>>> -I/opt/local/include\c -L/opt/local/lib\c -g -O2 -module
>>> -avoid-version -I/opt/local/include\c -L/opt/local/lib\c
>>> -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -I/opt/otp14/lib/erlang/usr/include
>>> -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/js -I/usr/include/mozjs
>>> -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/local/include/js
>>> -I/opt/local/include/js -DXP_UNIX -lm -o couch_icu_driver.la -rpath
>>> /opt/couchdb/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.2.0a-99a4982-git/priv/lib
>>> couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.lo -licuuc -licudata -licui18n
>>> -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib
>>> libtool: link: gcc -Wl,-undefined -Wl,dynamic_lookup -o
>>> .libs/couch_icu_driver.so -bundle
>>> .libs/couch_icu_driver_la-couch_icu_driver.o -L/opt/local/libc
>>> -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -lm -licuuc -licudata -licui18n
>>>
>>>
>>> Does anyone else has this issue as well? This is happening to me even
>>> with a fresh git checkout. Or does one needs to specify some
>>> parameters to configure, etc?
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Filipe David Manana,
>>> fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org
>>>
>>> "Reasonable men adapt themselves to the world.
>>>  Unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves.
>>>  That's why all progress depends on unreasonable men."
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Filipe David Manana,
> fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org
>
> "Reasonable men adapt themselves to the world.
>  Unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves.
>  That's why all progress depends on unreasonable men."
>

Mime
View raw message