couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: make couchdb more otpish
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:24:02 GMT
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Robert Dionne
<dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> Thanks Paul, was just going to respond about /rel
>
> My two cents:
>
> I think what would be nice is to enable the use of rebar in downstream projects, that
are built on top of couchdb. I've been able to keep my bitstore[1] hack pretty much in sync
with a given
> couchdb version with some simple tweaks in the Makefile.
>
> What would be ideal is to add couchdb as a dependency in rebar.config and type ./config
and have it pull couchdb 1.0 or 1.5.6 or whatever.

You mean ./configure in the downstream project, yeah?

> If this can be done so that couchdb is still usable and build-able as a standalone tool,
using the  existing autotools, without turning it into a hairball, then that would be real
sweet, kudos
> to the brave soul that pulls that off.
>
> In theory bigcouch could also work that way, though bigcouch is technically a fork of
couchdb as it requires a few tweaks to make couchdb a distributed database.

I'm confused. Are you advocating a full on switch to rebar?