couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: duplicate erlang files: mochijson2.erl and mochinum.erl
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:58:13 GMT
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Andrey Somov
<trophybase@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> the trunk contains now duplicates for 2 Erlang files: mochijson2.erl and
> mochinum.erl
> They reside both in 'ejson' and in 'mochiweb' folders.
>
> The content is almost identical (just two lines are swapped)
>
> Is it intentional ?
>
> -
> Andrey

Yeah, the ones in ejson are there simply to reduce the amount of work
required to do fall back to native erlang JSON handling when NIF's
can't be compiled. Ideally we should remove them and patch
couch_util.erl with a compile time directive to pick the proper JSON
routines depending on whether NIF's have been compiled.

Paul