couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Harvey <d...@arandomurl.com>
Subject Re: make couchdb more otpish
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:46:55 GMT
In the interest of keeping small changes, I would have thought it would be
very easy to do a renaming of the source level directory layout to as
proposed (I have no strong opinion on rel/ priv/ etc)

+ src
+ ebin
  + couch.app
+ lib
  + ejson
     + src
   + ibrowse
     + src

and keep the build toolchain exactly the same, this would make it easier for
people who want to start using tools that expect otp compliance, like rebar
/ reltool / agner etc (in erldocs I had to patch is specifically to support
couchdb's layout)

in future things like rebar could be supported / integrated, but a simple
source reorg seems like it wouldnt be too intrusive for a first step

Cheers
Dale