couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: Preparing the 1.0.3 release.
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 00:33:55 GMT
On 16 June 2011 12:17, Paul Davis <> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Noah Slater <> wrote:
>> On 16 Jun 2011, at 01:04, Paul Davis wrote:
>>> During the 1.0.2 release it became apparent that when a vote fails and
>>> we have to redo the whole thing that it can become confusing what's
>>> being voted on as there exists multiple tarballs that have the same
>>> filename.
>> I didn't see any mention of this?
>> And anyway, it is only on the local machine.
>> The original release artefacts should be replaced in their entirety.
>> There is no way we can modify the release artefacts in any way between them being
voted on and them being released, so the idea of baking in a rcX is completely out of the
question. The only possibility I can think of is to prefix the files in an rcX directory in
the release managers personal directory. However, it is my opinion that this is not so much
of a problem as to warrant such a move. We've managed the last few years without this. Perhaps
better instructions in the vote emails could help matters?
> Yeah, the absolutely no modifications bit seemed like it'd almost make
> this sort of a no go.
> There was minor chatter last time in confusion about which artefacts
> were what because everything had the same filenames as I replaced
> things in my people.a.o/~davisp/dist/1.0.3 directory.
> I think I might just steal your idea and in my dist directory do
> something like ~davisp/dist/1.0.3-rc1/ and the files are all as
> before.
> Sound like a good compromise, my dark lord?

View raw message