couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with README
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 19:15:45 GMT
Go for it. Or just correct the test suite part to say the right path for futon.

to this site: http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/spec/run.html
> 950689        jan It should work in at least Firefox >= 3.6 and Safari >= 4.0.4.
> 950689        jan
> 950689        jan Read more about JSpec here: http://jspec.info/
> 950689        jan
> 950689        jan Trouble shooting
> 950689        jan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> 950689        jan
> 950689        jan  * When you change the specs, but your changes have no effect,
manually reload the changed spec file in the browser.
have enabled erlang views as described here: <http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/EnableErlangViews>
> 950689        jan
> 950689        jan
>
> Aside from the formatting issues, which is the reason I was going to edit it in the first
place, this information appears to be wrong. The test suite we advise people to use is http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/couch_tests.html
and the one linked in the README doesn't even work for me. Also, the troubleshooting section
should not be here. There is a troubleshooting section above this. This file is a README,
so we should be trying to keep it simple.