couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Bisbee <...@sbisbee.com>
Subject Re: Commits to 1.1.x not in 1.0.x
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:49:03 GMT
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not at all sure that I need to. My reasoning for consideration was
> as such: I looked at it, it wasn't in 1.0.x. The diff looked like it
> would've been pretty close to applying without a merge. The behavior
> change sounded appropriate but its using new mochiweb API's AFIACT.
>
> As far as I can tell its not a major issue. And its and old bug that
> no one has really reported so far as I can tell. If other people are
> ok ignoring it I'd be tickled pink to ignore it as well.

Not suggesting that we necessarily need a long piece of paper, but is
there any "policy" on what gets back ported? Would it make sense
adding a line to the release procedure?

I could see a one liner in the house keeping section where we identify
anything that was released as needing to be back ported. Or maybe
that's just a step in the JIRA house keeping process.

Or maybe I just need more coffee.

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee