couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1133319 - /couchdb/trunk/src/ejson/Makefile.am
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 23:06:20 GMT
On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 18:43, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> On 9 June 2011 20:31, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>> Hey Randall,
>>
>> I don't recall having trunk building on windows/cygwin since prior to
>> fdmanana's snappy changes.
>>
>> Still not building; logs from a fresh svn co trunk (r1133692 )
>> http://friendpaste.com/7Ar25QaPEXM16wqiWdfmJ9 the usual bootstrap,
>> secret configure sauce, make, die.
>
> I tracked this down failing to build trunk on windows to this commit
> (via git bisect's awesomeness)
>
> git-svn-id: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/trunk@1086934
> 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68

Holy Bisect, Batman!

Can you try adding the following to configure.ac, rerunning
./bootstrap and rebuilding?

Around line 279, inside the AC_ARG_WITH([win32-curl], ....)
CURL_LIBS="...... -L$openssl_bin_dir"

Add that -L$openssl_bin_dir to the end of the CURL_LIBS.
Looks as though CURL needs to link with SSL, so we should be sending
it those paths :).

> Can somebody reopen it in JIRA please?
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1042 or should I open a
> new one?

If that doesn't fix it, please do! Thanks. Let us know either way, of course.