couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] [ACTION REQUIRED] www.apache.org/dist/<tlp> housekeeping
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 15:00:24 GMT
On Jun 4, 2011 5:17 AM, "Noah Slater" <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> CCing dev@ again, as some non-PMC members will be interested.
>
> On 4 Jun 2011, at 10:06, Gavin McDonald wrote:
>
> > You have 0.11.0, 0.11.1 and 0.11.2 all of the same release line, you
only
> > need 0.11.2 with the
> > other two older releases being available in the archives area should
anyone
> > want those.
>
> We have historically kept these releases on the downloads page so that
people have a migration path from the original point release through to the
most recent bugfix release, should that be needed. (This also helps people
understand what has been fixed/changed since the original point release.) As
far as I understand, we cannot continue to advertise these on our downloads
page if they are archived, because we would not be able to make use of the
Apache mirrors.

Couldn't you talk about them on your web page, but have the link say "but
please use $CURRENT instead"? And maybe later in the page have a link to
archive "for non-current releases, see here".

Would something like that work?

(The main goal here is to reduce the load on our mirror volunteers)

Cheers,
-g