couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preparing the 1.0.3 release.
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 00:09:49 GMT

On 16 Jun 2011, at 01:04, Paul Davis wrote:

> During the 1.0.2 release it became apparent that when a vote fails and
> we have to redo the whole thing that it can become confusing what's
> being voted on as there exists multiple tarballs that have the same
> filename.

I didn't see any mention of this?

And anyway, it is only on the local machine.

The original release artefacts should be replaced in their entirety.

There is no way we can modify the release artefacts in any way between them being voted on
and them being released, so the idea of baking in a rcX is completely out of the question.
The only possibility I can think of is to prefix the files in an rcX directory in the release
managers personal directory. However, it is my opinion that this is not so much of a problem
as to warrant such a move. We've managed the last few years without this. Perhaps better instructions
in the vote emails could help matters?