couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by wentforgold
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:18:52 GMT

On Jun 13, 2011, at 9:13 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 13 Jun 2011, at 13:55, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>> What percentage of useful wiki edits were made by committers vs non-committers?
>>>

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper_orientation
>
> Not sure how this is relevant.
>
> If we decommission the wiki we are putting up barriers to contribution from non-committers.
So it is arguably worth while understanding exactly what that means for us. How many people
have contributed in the past who could not have contributed if this had been the case?

I think the WIKI is useful. The APi docs are pretty good, everything is there, though it takes
a while to get used to how to find it all.