couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] [ACTION REQUIRED] www.apache.org/dist/<tlp> housekeeping
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:17:32 GMT
CCing dev@ again, as some non-PMC members will be interested.

On 4 Jun 2011, at 10:06, Gavin McDonald wrote:

> You have 0.11.0, 0.11.1 and 0.11.2 all of the same release line, you only
> need 0.11.2 with the
> other two older releases being available in the archives area should anyone
> want those.

We have historically kept these releases on the downloads page so that people have a migration
path from the original point release through to the most recent bugfix release, should that
be needed. (This also helps people understand what has been fixed/changed since the original
point release.) As far as I understand, we cannot continue to advertise these on our downloads
page if they are archived, because we would not be able to make use of the Apache mirrors.

> Note that every release fixes bugs ;)

Sure, but only point releases add new features.

So calling them bugfix releases is a decent way to highlight their purpose. :P