couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Rantil <jens.ran...@telavox.se>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by wentforgold
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:45:19 GMT
Just throwing in my 2 cents in this discussion.

On Jun 14, 2011, at 6:13 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

/doc
/doc/docbook
/doc/docbook/root.xml
/doc/docbook/ch1.xml
/doc/docbook/ch2.xml
/doc/docbook/ch3.xml
/doc/Makefile.am

You get the idea. The Makefile.am would contain a bunch of rules that would allow us to convert
this DocBook into plain text, DocBook, man, info, LaTeX, PostScript, and PDF as needed. All
very straight forward.

Is really writing documentation XML the best we can come up with? How about using 'pandoc'
(http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/) to write documentation in restructuredText, markdown or
textile instead? They are all way easier to read and write for newcomers.

/J