couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Problems with README
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 09:13:35 GMT
Hello,

I recently noticed this:

950689        jan
950689        jan Running the Testsuite
950689        jan ---------------------
950689        jan
950689        jan Run the testsuite for couch.js and jquery.couch.js by browsing to this site:
http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/spec/run.html
950689        jan It should work in at least Firefox >= 3.6 and Safari >= 4.0.4.
950689        jan
950689        jan Read more about JSpec here: http://jspec.info/
950689        jan
950689        jan Trouble shooting
950689        jan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
950689        jan
950689        jan  * When you change the specs, but your changes have no effect, manually
reload the changed spec file in the browser.
950689        jan
950689        jan  * When the spec that tests erlang views fails, make sure you have enabled
erlang views as described here: <http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/EnableErlangViews>
950689        jan
950689        jan

Aside from the formatting issues, which is the reason I was going to edit it in the first
place, this information appears to be wrong. The test suite we advise people to use is http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/couch_tests.html
and the one linked in the README doesn't even work for me. Also, the troubleshooting section
should not be here. There is a troubleshooting section above this. This file is a README,
so we should be trying to keep it simple.

Unless no one objects I am going to revert this entire section.

Thanks,