couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: curl dependency
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 09:27:15 GMT
I like the idea of having two sets of JS tests, those run as part of "make check", and a smaller
suite invocable from browsers that validates the install. Towards that end, I created a branch[1],
copied all the tests to test/javascript/test and tweaked the relevant bits in run.tpl. Most
are unchanged, and there are only two tests that fail now, attachment_names, which looks like
it might be a real bug, and attachments_multipart which requires the use of the XMLHttpRequest
object. This one might possibly be fixed with some enhancements to couch_http.js or couchjs,
will look more into it.

Next I'll start auditing them all to see if there's other browser specific code that can be
removed. We can then do the same for the browser tests in www/script/test or just replace
all that completely with Jan's new stuff as the lion's share of it is moving to test/javascript/test

[1]  https://github.com/bdionne/couchdb/commit/adcde6c07ae3586ee779b20a24a608337f9b5957