couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by wentforgold
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:02:01 GMT

On 14 Jun 2011, at 17:42, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> I don't see how we can't have release branches and tags on the doc repo in the same way
we have on src repo.

We could also split out the main Erlang files into a separate top level directory, and version
that, and keep it in sync with the main branches and release tags. And we could do it for
Futon too. But doing so would be a complete nightmare, and it serves no practical purpose.

Seriously, this is the wrong direction. If we're shipping the docs with the release artefact,
then they should be part of the source tree. Just like the main code, Futon, the system infrastructure
stuff, the unit tests, and everything else that comprises an official release.